Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Mica Jewelry....

Hi, everyone. Well, it is now June. I had pretty much given up on this whole blog thing, but decided to at least write another post and see what happens.
I have been working like crazy on my shop. Have posted a lot of new items, and have expanded the types of items I have. One of my newer creations, which will be posted this week, are my Mica Earrings.  My kids and I collected TONS of mica over the last couple of years. I have been fascinated with this natural "bling" material since I was a kid.  So I decided to make some different things with it.
The earrings are really pretty cool. The mica takes alcohol ink very well, and can be easily cut with scissors. Of course, since we picked the mica up from the ground wherever we found it, I had to wash it well....which really brought out the sparkle! 
I will be posting my 2 first sets of earrings as soon as the sun comes out so I can take a good picture of them. After that, I will be experimenting with other types of jewelry, in addition to the mica powders I am already making with  it.
Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment