Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What to write..what to write..So, what do I write??

I decided I should update my blog with a new posting, but to be perfectly honest, I have no idea what to write about. I have been so busy trying to get some stock in my shop, and this is just not at the top of my priority list!
I actually started this blog because it was one of the recommended steps for someone just opening up their shop on Etsy. This, along with doing the Twitter/Facebook/MySpace/Forums/ABC and XYZ stuff. I have done all of it. And, although the Google Analytics say I have had an increased number of views to my shop, I have been in a Treasury (I think they felt sorry for me), someone was nice enough to feature one of my birdhouses on their blog, and I have received numerous positive comments, I have yet to really make any sales! I mean, someone was nice enough to buy one of my son's bookmarks, and someone else bought some cute little pins for $1.50, which I had screwed up because it was supposed to be $1.50 for each pin, not for all 3 pins. But I had it listed wrong, so I lost money on that sale. Hey, I had just opened the shop!
My point is that those items are not ones I even consider really as "sales"...one was my son's, and the other was items I had, that I put in the shop to have some lesser pricesd items, but are not my "specialty" or what my shop IS. I read over and over again in the forums to find your "niche", and, I kinda sorta might have found that. I make the birdhouses, which I have been making for years. And I make the gourds, because I like to! But on those 2 main items, the BIG TICKET items, I have sold 0. Zero.Zilch. Nada. Nunca. Nothing.
And that is why I am continuing to work my butt off trying to get more items posted in the shop...to give more variety, to hopefully increase my chances of making a sale. Which is why I have not had much time to write updates for my blog. Which is why I am going to end this now, because I have to get my butt in gear making more things to sell......
So, I have just come full circle.
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment